Sunday, June 22, 2008

SIMPLE part 4

Today we finished our series called "Simple". We wrapped up with the teaching on the Holy Spirit. I know that there are many misunderstandings when it comes to the Holy Spirit. Many choose not to talk about Him while others associate things they have seen or heard with the Holy Spirit. As you look at the scriptures the scriptures are quite clear when it comes to the Holy Spirit. Jesus said wait until you receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you and you shall be my witnesses. First of all Jesus referred to the Holy Spirit as a gift. He is a gift for us to receive. Second He said that gift gives us power. The word means ability. What is that ability for? That power and ability is for enablement. I am so thankful for the power of the Holy Spirit upon my life. I can honestly say that without the Holy Spirit I wouldn't be where I am today. There are times when I don't know how to lead a church, pray for someone or counsel someone in their need. But with the power of the Holy Spirit working in me, I can pray, speak and lead knowing I am doing these things in His Spirit and power and not my own. That is so gratifying to me to know this. If you have not received this supernatural power that the Bible talks about I encourage you to read the scriptures especially Acts, begin to pray and seek the Holy Spirit. If you do these things I believe the promise of Luke 11 that says that if any ask the Father in heaven, He will give you the good gift of the Holy Spirit.

0 comments: